Hay Hall Business Park

Redfern Road, Birmingham B11 2BE

Project - Hay Hall Business Park

Hay Hall Business Park

Redfern Road, Birmingham B11 2BE

START DATE
March 2016
COMPLETION
November 2016

£1m complex refurbishment project creates a major new 93,000sq ft industrial/warehouse unit from a vacant 1920’s unit of 123,000 sq ft to fulfil market demand.

Location

Hay Hall Business Park is located on an old industrial site which surrounds a 15th Century Manor House. It is situated 5 miles to the South East of Birmingham City Centre and within 5 miles of Junction 7 of the M42 motorway.

The present day business park offers a range of industrial premises as well as office space located in the recently refurbished Manor House.

Project history

One of the largest industrial buildings at Hay Hall became vacant in early 2016. A 1920’s mainly brick built building of 123,000 sq ft, it was in poor condition and had all the inherent problems that buildings of that age present including a mixed asphalt and asbestos roof in need of replacement. In short, there were a number of challenges identified due to the age of the property and its services including the amount of asbestos both internally and externally.

Refurbishment strategy

As part of the refurbishment strategy, our team evaluated the market and found that there was a shortage in high quality large refurbished industrial units in the area that needed to be addressed. Further research into occupier needs identified some of the features that should also be included in the comprehensive refurbishment programme to satisfy a future tenant’s expectations and these have been incorporated within the project.

Download pdf Contact Us

For our UK property management team,
contact us on 0845 500 61 61 or email us.

Project Updates
Hay Hall Business Park
This major refurbishment project is on target for a mid-October 2016 completion.
17/10/2017
Since March work has been carried out to remove all asbestos material both internally as well as externally safely from the building and the site. This included the removal and replacement of the roof. The building now has new cladding to its rear and middle sections and the existing brickwork to the front of the unit has been cleaned and repointed.

Partial demolition of the building has been undertaken to provide improved access and a larger yard area.  Following research on market demand, six new roller shutter doors have been installed and five dock levellers.

All redundant services, fixtures and fittings have been (will be?) stripped out and removed both internally and externally to allow for a new M&E installation to be progressed and to assist a full redecoration programme internally.